Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hamsters

I have a hamster that I alternately love and loathe.  I love him because he's cute and fluffy.  I loathe him because his wheel has a squeak and his water bottle makes such a racket it can wake me up at night.  I love him because he's been around for 2+ years, and I sometimes loathe him because...I honestly didn't think he would live this long.  Which is a horrible thing to say, I know.  I feel bad for even thinking it at times.

Then I saw this.  A hamster mansion.  The Biltmore of hamster habitats. And I want it.  I want it bad.  So, Rufus, if you manage to live for a few more years (and why not, you've outlived every other hamster I ever knew) this might just be in your future.

2 comments:

Belle said...

We had a hamster who lived 4 years. We were all amazed. We have had lots since Sally passed and none have lived that long.

Simply said...

screwy thing ate your comment, but 4 years? really? I've never heard of any last more than a year which is why I'm surprised mine is still up and kickin. But wow...4 years...