Saturday, May 28, 2011

Scalloped Pineapple Dessert

Mmmmmm...I made this the other night and decided it was too good not to share.  My sister has made it before and always promises to bring me the leftovers from whatever party she's taking it to, but there never are any :(  So I took the initiative and whipped up a batch so I could see what I was missing.  I can see now why there were never any leftovers.

Scalloped Pineapple Dessert

16 slices of white bread, cubed
2 large cans of pineapple (diced/cubed) drained
1 pound (2 sticks) butter
6 eggs
3 cups sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix eggs and sugar in a bowl.  Melt the butter and add, mixing thoroughly.  Add bread and pineapple.  Let sit a minute a two to let the mixture soak into the bread.

Bake in a 9x13 pan for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
(I usually have to cook mine for 45 minutes or a tad longer, your oven may vary)

Enjoy!  I've been told it's like a variation of pineapple upside down cake, so if you like that, you should like this as well :)

1 comment:

Belle said...

Sounds heavenly! I love pineapple upside down cake, so I'm sure I'd love this.